[plug] Student access to school networks

Tim Basten tbasten at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:01:37 UTC 2014

Hey Kevin,

I don't work for a school but we consult for a number of large number of
private schools and maintain the networks. Here is my suggestion, boot camp
the Mac with so that it meets the it managers ego. Once that's done they
should give you the login detail. Then, providing there are no other
caviets, you should be able to then access the shares on OSX(or whatever it
is) using the same detail. Then you can blow away the boot camp partition.
The IT manager will then be none the wiser (no garantee on this one sorry)

Realistically it's the schools business manager/principles decision that's
causing the problem. The IT manager has to enforce it.