[plug] *nix jobs

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 02:44:29 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 9:09 AM, Paul Del <p at delfante.it> wrote:

> Hey PLUG ers
>
> Few linux unix jobs on this job website

If I can hijack this thread a little, we're actually looking at hiring
several Linux-savvy technical staff at the moment:

- Network & Systems Administrator
- Senior Network & Systems Administrator
- Software Developer

We create and maintain software that runs schools, and is currently running
at about 250 (and rising!) schools across Australia and used by around
15-20,000 teachers, students and parents on a daily basis. We're end-to-end
Linux, mostly Ubuntu, and there's some interesting technical challenges
both maintaining our fleet of servers and responding rapidly to client
requirements.

For the Junior roles, we're happy to take someone clue-y with limited Linux
experience and skill them up, but existing Linux skills would be fantastic.
Sysadmin and networking skills are a must.

Here's some of the details from the job ad:

   - First and foremost it's about attitude! You will be expected to
   demonstrate initiative, an appetite for learning, and a willingness to work
   hard.
   - Customer service orientation: you have to like helping people!
   - Really good listening, speaking and writing skills: you need to
   communicate effectively with people in order to help them
   - The ability to follow instructions and pay attention to detail: the
   little things really do count
   - Basic networking skills in an Unix/Linux environment: you'll need some
   experience
   - CCNA: handy to have but not essential

Our website has more info about the company - http://www.seqta.com.au. It's
a small team, and a great place to work. If you need any further
information, or if you're interested in applying, get in touch with Lance
Duivenbode (lance@) or myself (patrick at seqta.com.au).

Cheers,

Patrick