[plug] Gmail Connect To Other Accounts POP3 Only, But I Need IMAP

Shanon Loughton autobot at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 20 03:13:29 UTC 2014

Hi All

Im migrating mail from a secured IMAP exchange 2010 (I think) server from
parent company - its a blackbox for me - to Google Apps For Work Gmail.
Its just 2 accounts to test for now, before we do much more domain MX
records stuff to be fully on Google Apps.

I can send mail from Gmail from the domain company.com but need to retrieve
incoming mail from IMAP.  Gmail's setting only lets you retrieve from other
accounts via POP3 only, but strangely allows it over IMAPS port 993.

I figured I need some IMAP/POP proxy, and have fired up AWS Micro T2
instance Ubuntu 14.04 server, and was playing with diff proxy-ish servers.
There's node.js based imask <https://github.com/addrummond/imask> but its
old and buggy - I couldnt get it to work.  Should I try Perdition
<http://horms.net/projects/perdition/>? Courier IMAP
<http://www.courier-mta.org/imap/>? Or is there a reliable online service
somewhere?
Only need to do during migration/testing for about 4 weeks.  But do want it
repeatable for other customers.

cheers
Shanon