[plug] Bash vulnerability

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Fri Sep 26 06:12:53 UTC 2014

Is there some reason people aren't doing automatic security updates? RHEL
and Ubuntu already released updates and all my systems fixed themselves.
I've also gone in to verify and it seems to be good.

I also did some testing through the product I work on which is based on
Tomcat. We don't use CGI and it's disabled by default but some of our
customers turn it on. So I enabled it, wrote a trivial shell script and
found I was able to exploit it on a vulnerable system. Now that's pretty
scary!

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Chris Hoy Poy <chris at hoypoy.id.au> wrote:

> http://www.itnews.com.au/News/396197,first-shellshock-botnet-attacks-akamai-us-dod-networks.aspx?eid=3&edate=20140926&utm_source=20140926_PM&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter

Jason Nicholls