[plug] cloud providers of wiki services?

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue Dec 29 23:47:09 UTC 2015

If your goal is to not have to worry about managing anything then Atlassian
offer a hosted service for the Confluence wiki which is very popular.
https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/ *

You can run your own copy of it too - in AWS for example as Onno suggested,
but in this case you can just go with a full open source solution like
MediaWiki.

* no affiliation with Atlassian although our company does use some of it's
hosted products including Confluence. I like it but my feeling is the
hosted solution is sluggish. Not horribly slow, but since we use it so much
I would prefer it's snappy fast and it's just not. It is nice not to have
to worry about managing anything though and it's always up-to-date etc....

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 2:31 AM, David Godfrey <info at sbts.com.au> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Is anyone aware of any good cloud providers that offer wiki services?
> Ideally mediawiki syntax with multilingual support.
> We would prefer the ability to provide our own sub domain to point at
> the service also.
>
> Regards
> David G

Jason Nicholls