[plug] Creating generic virtual appliance based on RH7

Alexander alex at spottedmouse.com
Wed Feb 4 05:39:38 UTC 2015

I am trying to create a generic virtual appliance based on RH7. However
after installing it on one hypervisor (virtualbox) and exporting /
importing it into xen the appliance doesn't boot as it can't find the
file system.

Error:

Warning: /dev/disk/by-uuid/.... does not exist

I figure I need to create a generic fstab file and maybe use the label
rather than the uuid of the partitions.

I was wondering if any fellow pluggers have some experience with this
and could point me in the right direction. Ideally I would like to be
able to support vmware, xen and hyperv.

thanks in advance
Alex