[plug] Raspberry Pi Jam Reminder

Andrew Cooks acooks at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 09:50:36 UTC 2015

Hi Plug!

This is a quick reminder about the PLUG meeting tomorrow at Spacecubed
(Ground Floor, 45 St Georges Terrace).

This month we have something special lined up: a Raspberry Pi Jam!

There will be a few short presentations/demos of Raspberry Pi
projects, followed
by an informal
breakout session where you can work on your latest project or discuss ideas.

Euan will give a presentation on the hardware he built for "hack the
festival":  "an interesting reuse of MIDI to coordinate a light sequence...
[with] ...potential for many cases where time sequenced events need to be
generated."

Andrew (that's me!) will show JitterTrap running on a RPi Model B and use
it to evaluate a set of HDMI-over-TCP/IP devices.

A Raspberry Pi is not required to attend, but if you have one you are
encouraged
to bring it along. If you have a small SD or microSD card to spare or to
share (anything from 128MB and up will be useful), bring them too.

Whether you're new and looking for advice, a veteran looking to show off your
creation, or have a Pi at home that's gathering dust (while you're looking
for inspiration), come along and join us for a
great night!

Cheers!

a.