[plug] AV Hack Day

Will Dowling will at autodeist.com
Fri Jun 5 04:19:47 UTC 2015

Got distracted with real life stuff so haven’t really had time to play with the card for more than an hour or so since it arrived.

I can confirm that it requires a proprietary driver blob, but installation of that isn’t too painful despite the evils, etc.
That driver doesn’t present a V4L2 (or 1) device, but seems like it’s not too difficult to get it working with gstreamer/ffmpeg.

Hopefully I’ll have some time to play with it in some more detail in the coming weeks - it’s in its own rig now which helps.
If anyone is interested in poking around with it, drop me an email with your public ssh key and I’ll sort something out.

- Will