[plug] Mail questions

Richard Meyer meyerri at gardenshark.org
Fri Mar 13 08:26:48 UTC 2015

Hi all,

For about 4 centuries (conservatively estimated), I have been using
Evolution as my mail agent.

Since I am a KDE fan, I have been wondering why I have been doing so,
and came to the conclusion that I really don't need this heavy-duty (de
Icaza inspired) agent.

I set up an experimental machine so that I could try other email agents
and check out importing evolution data into them ...

Seems a bit disappointing that I am having huge problems with both Kmail
and Thunderbird.

Kmail import is just not able to do what I want - or maybe I'm using it
wrong.

Thunderbird doesn't seem to have ANY ability to import previous
emails ....

So, to recap - I would like to import evolution email and address books
into a more non-gnome, non-heavyweight client, preferably Thunderbird.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Especially advice that doesn't say "discard the old and embrace the
new", since I have emails going back to 2003, and some of them bring
back memories of "the good old days".

Thanks in advance

--
Richard Meyer

If my body is ever found on a jogging trail, just know
I was murdered elsewhere and dumped there.

Linux Counter user #306629