[plug] help with running old disk in new server

Oliver Hills oli at deathbycomputers.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 17:58:19 UTC 2015

If you really need to get the old hdds running on new hardware then you might be best off booting into a test environment from usb and then reinstalling grub so the boot loader knows where to point chroot will be your friend.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: Jon Miller <jonl711 at hotmail.com> Date: 2/10/2015  22:07  (GMT+08:00) To: plug at plug.org.au Subject: [plug] help with running old disk in new server
Ok, so I could not get the database of anything else off of the old drive.
So I've install the old server hdd in the new server.
It stops at "Want me to fall back to
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-wdc_5000aaks-22yga0_wd-wcas87853406-part2? (y/n)"
Can anyone assist me in getting this drive up and running.

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.org.au
PLUG Membership: http://www.plug.org.au/membership