[plug] Mandatory data retention

Michael Van Delft michael at hybr.id.au
Mon Oct 12 02:13:14 UTC 2015

I don't personally use it but just throwing it out there as an idea;
WhatsApp do end to end encryption and use the same protocol as
TextSecure from Open Whisper Systems
https://whispersystems.org/blog/whatsapp/ the nice thing about
WhatsApp is that it's big enough and mainstream enough that it should
be fairly easy to convince friends and family to use it.

iMessage is end to end encrypted too, it's not cross platform and I
wish they would open it up a bit more so we could verify that it does
what it says it does. Mathew Green has a pretty good write up about
their crypto thorough and it sounds pretty robust
http://blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2015/09/lets-talk-about-imessage-again.html