[plug] AV Meeting Streaming

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Oct 15 10:56:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:37:05AM +0800, David Godfrey wrote:
> Hi All,
> I only managed to attend a few meetings while I was still in Perth due to
> crazy hours at work.
> I'm now in Exmouth living the life :)

Lovely!

> Last meeting I attended some of the crew were working on an AV platform to
> stream meetings and conferences, could someone provide a name and contact
> number for these people as I would like to talk to them.

The project's alive and well, we were streaming the regular second-Tuesday
meeting the other night via http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/ and
https://www.youtube.com/user/PerthLinuxUsersGroup .

You can talk to us all on:

Current plan is that we urgently need a few new hdmi2usb capture devices
in the initial crowdsupply order:
https://www.crowdsupply.com/numato-lab/opsis
http://timvideos.us/
http://code.timvideos.us/home/

...some general gettogether hacking and paydown of technical debt,
software reinstall, rebuilding the current kit, streamlining everything,
backups, spare parts, no-single-point-of-failure, network setup.

Plus getting a $10000 grant or thereabouts to buy a complete new kit of
equipment so we're not carting about the only working system to every
event; and so we have a chance to downsize it to the easiest-to-carry
and most important parts.

Between meetings there's a few PLUGgers lurking on GIMPNet IRC, irc.gimp.org/#plug .

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal