[plug] Arduino Yun

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Wed Sep 2 21:01:43 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Just discovered something interesting. This was released 2 years ago, so
I guess I'm getting a bit slow in my dotage! If you've already heard of
the Arduino Yun, nothing to see here..

The Arduino Yun combines easy access to the Arduino microprocessor (as
per Arduino Uno etc, also @ 16MHz) with a system-on-chip Linux system
based on Open-wrt on a 400MHz chip. The Linux side includes wifi with
WPA2, web server, python, http read/write to the Arduino side etc..

There's also a uSD card reader on the board. Looks like it takes normal
shields too. It looks like the same size as an Uno, which means it would
fit inside (for the want of a better example) a cigarette packet.

The spectrum of projects possible with the Arduino idea is pretty
impressive!

Regards

Garry