[plug] Wireless router recommendations

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Wed Nov 16 10:25:15 AWST 2016

G'day all,

I've got my parents on a TL-WR1043ND running openwrt. This router has
been absolutely solid for about 6 years now. Unfortunately they've now
"upgraded" to the NBN, and the poor thing just doesn't seem to be able
to keep up. The wireless has also always been a bit slow.

So, looking for recommendations on new hardware with better wireless and
some more balls. The thing is connected to a 16 port switch, so number
of ports isn't important, it just needs to be able to handle the packet
load.

Is anyone running something that is still locally available and they'd
recommend for openwrt?

Regards,
Brad