[plug] AV Hack Day, Thursday 20160922-1400

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 21 19:42:57 AWST 2016

Hello all! Sorry for the short notice in this forum, but we've been
planning to make PLUG hacknights/busybees a bit more of a regular thing
and we've got one on for tomorrow: this time with an AV focus, firing up
the hdmi2usb and perhaps some of the other items below.

Thursday afternoon, tomorrow. Anytime from 2pm, my place in Rivervale.
We'll set a finish time before we break for dinner.
Call me if you need the address.

Bring your laptops and perhaps a Raspberry Pi with an expendable (or
already-backed-up) MicroSD card; or we should have everything here we
need to make a go of it.

Nick.
0419 957 011

We've got the Opsis boards (and the prototype/Atlys dev-board) and
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 06:56:38PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:37:05AM +0800, David Godfrey wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I only managed to attend a few meetings while I was still in Perth due to
> > crazy hours at work.
> > I'm now in Exmouth living the life :)
>
> Lovely!
[...]
  https://docs.numato.com/kb/numato-opsis-getting-started-hdmi2usb-firmware-opsis-windows/
  https://opsis.hdmi2usb.tv/
  https://hdmi2usb.tv/home/
> https://www.crowdsupply.com/numato-lab/opsis
> http://code.timvideos.us/home/

> ...some general gettogether hacking and paydown of technical debt,
> software reinstall, rebuilding the current kit, streamlining everything,
> backups, spare parts, no-single-point-of-failure, network setup.
>
> Plus getting a $10000 grant or thereabouts to buy a complete new kit of
> equipment so we're not carting about the only working system to every
> event; and so we have a chance to downsize it to the easiest-to-carry
> and most important parts.
>
> Between meetings there's a few PLUGgers lurking on [...]

IRC: irc.uniirc.com/#plug (via https://www.uniirc.com/ )

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal