[plug] Boston OpenStack Summit

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Sat Jun 17 19:53:13 AWST 2017

On 17 June 2017 at 01:49, Alastair Irvine <alastair at plug.org.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 09 May, 2017 at 07:16:48AM -0400, Gregory Orange wrote:
>> I don't suppose any other PLUGgers are here? It's a fascinatingly
>
> Did you visit MIT whilst you were there?  I imagine their CS department
> is really cool.

We wandered around MIT a bit and the buildings are pretty cool, and of
course the MIT Museum had nifty displays. I was quite enthralled by
some elements of the Gestural Engineering exhibition:
https://mitmuseum.mit.edu/exhibition/gestural-engineering-sculpture-arthur-ganson
The MIT Museum shop is really just a glorified Australian Geographic
shop but I did buy a few things and spent too many US dollars on my
kids.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Nimbus is announced and early-adopter
launched (I get nearly zero credit but I did find and install a LDAP
bug fix) https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pawsey+nimbus and now I'm tinkering
with Puppet, Nagios, Docker and of course many pieces of OpenStack. So
much to learn, such fun.

Did anyone mention data volumes and other gobsmacking numbers
regarding the SKA on Tuesday night? Apparently noone yet knows how to
handle the volumes they're expecting it to produce. I was a bit sorry
not to be there, but evenings just don't work for me.

--
Gregory Orange