[plug] 4G modem advice

Dean Bergin dean.bergin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 10:53:58 AWST 2018

Hello Gregory,

They seem to be for a niche market like remote branch office that requires
backup internet and/or SDWAN.

Problem is, consumer grade products tend to either poorly implement or
restrict SDWAN capability.

There are other ways to get backup cellular/mobile broadband internet by
using a phone with USB or wireless tethering. Some of which may involve
some DIY.

On Sun., 5 Aug. 2018, 22:11 Gregory Orange, <home at oranges.id.au> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Does anyone use 4G modems? I'd like to get one for the Telstra network
> (Boost actually), but I don't know how many are available or how to compare
> them. I've come across this one on clearance sale and wonder if it's any
> good:
> https://www.harveynorman.com.au/d-link-wireless-n300-multi-wan-router.html
>
> Any thoughts? Better options?
>
> Thanks,