[plug] Notice of PLUG Annual General Meeting for 2018

PLUG Committee committee at plug.org.au
Tue Feb 20 18:26:32 AWST 2018

*Notice of Annual General Meeting*

The Perth Linux Users Group AGM will be held at Spacecubed.com
Located at 191 St Georges Terrace, Perth CBD, WA, 6000
on Tuesday 13th March 2018 at 7:00 PM sharp.

*Agenda*

0. Opening
1. Confirmation of Minutes of the 2017
2. Committee Reports (including accounts)
3. Election of 2018 Committee
4. General Business
   4.1 Special Resolution
       "That the proposed Perth Linux Users Group Constitution, as circulated
        to members prior to this meeting, be adopted."
5. Meeting Close
6. Possible Linux.conf.au 2018 overview with Food/Drinks

*Nominations*

Nominations for the Committee positions of Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer,
Secretary and Ordinary Committee Members can be made in writing or via email to the Secretary, but must arrive not later than seven (7) days before the date of the AGM. Nominations must include the name of the nominee and nominator, who must both be Financial Members. Eligibility rules can be found in the Constitution
https://www.plug.org.au/Constitution/Current under section 10.
and addtional eligibilty rules required by the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 at http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/publications/eligibility-requirements-committee-members-associations-info

Please send nominations in writing to the Secretary:
Email address secretary at plug.org.au
or the Mailing address, P.O. Box 2049, Yokine, WA 6060

*Proxies*

**Rule 20 allows for proxy votes. You may appoint another member to attend and vote on your behalf. A proxy form is attached to this notice for your convenience.

*Special Resolution*

The agenda for the AGM includes a Special Resolution to adopt a new
Constitution, which is attached to this email. Why do we need a new
Constitution?
We need to make a few changes to conform to the provisions of the
Associations Incorporation Act 2015.
The new Act allows us to use electronic communications and keep
electronic records, and we want our Constitution to recognise this.
We have tidied up a few points which were unclear.

--
Peter Lyons
on behalf of the PLUG Committee