[plug] Trying to install

Paul Del p at delfante.it
Fri Jul 20 13:20:10 AWST 2018

Hey Laurie,

I don't know your setup but I have used these on many hp printers over the
years

I normally use the cups web interface http://localhost:631 if there is no
gui apps

There are plenty of hp drivers/filters to that can be installed
hplip
hpijs
openprinting
gutenprint

The same as Margaret said you will need to check if they support your
printer and you do have the mirror to install them with Jessie

Hope that helps
Paul

[plug] Trying to install

Landerson lan89295 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jul 14 15:50:48 AWST 2018

Hello Pluggers,

Recently updated my old Debian version to Debian Jessie
all went well.

It was also  time to add a new printer, installed CUPS without
any trouble from that point on I seem to have lost the plot all
together.

I need some one to fill in the blank spaces.

The printer is an HP Officejet 5220 & the last time I installed
a printer would have been about 7 or 8 years ago.

Look forward to some magic comments

Laurie