[plug] LCA2014 closing speaker?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Tue Mar 5 09:18:50 AWST 2019

Thank you both.

Having now watched that marvellous talk, it discusses the same topic, but
unless my memory is fading - entirely possible, old age, too much bash
scripting - I don't believe this is the one I was thinking of.

Is it possible that Matthew spoke as a lightning talk on the same subject
and that's what I'm remembering? Specifically I seem to recall references
to in-transit redirection of hardware and this talk did not appear to
mention that.

I seem to recall that the talk was on Friday, this one is displayed as
being the keynote for Thursday, but as I said, my memory might be
incorrect...

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 at 10:09, Leon Wright <techman83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> That does sound like Matthew Garret!
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixMStnFzgRM
> --
> DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'
>

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 7:03 PM Matthew Tyler <matt.tyler at flashics.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I cant remember either, sounds like Matthew Garret maybe?
>>
>> On Sat, 23 Feb. 2019, 6:44 pm Onno Benschop <onno at itmaze.com.au wrote:
>>
>>> Random Question Without Notice:
>>>
>>> Who was the final speaker (before Arjen Lentz talking about Blue
>>> Hackers) on the last day of LCA2014?
>>>
>>> He was British, spoke about trust, hacking CPU microcode and dealing
>>> with how you could not protect yourself against your hardware being
>>> intercepted on the way from your supplier in order to ensure that you got
>>> what they shipped if there was enough interest in subverting your hardware.
>>> Essentially, you have to decide at some point that you trust something.
>>>
>>> I have been hunting through archive.org and I'm stuffed if I can find
>>> anything, let alone locate a video of his mind bending talk.
>>>
>>> Anyone?
>>>
>>> --
>>> finger painting on glass is an inexact art - apologies for any errors in
>>> this scra^Hibble
>>>
>>> ()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..

Onno Benschop

()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

If you need to know: "What computer should I buy?" http://goo.gl/spsb66

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -
onno at itmaze.com.au