[plug] Quartermaster? Re: PLUG Events reminder

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Mar 24 08:53:54 AWST 2019

On Thu, Mar 07, 2019 at 11:14:33PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> Hey, all! Big month for PLUG events, as you might have spotted on our
> calendar or https://www.plug.org.au/events/ .

It's still going, Irish PLUG-in-the-pub on Monday!
Any thoughts for the next one?

Good time to put the word out again: PLUG Needs You!
There's a lot that we'd love to see, but step up if you do, too.
Membership costs are $20 per year, or $10 per year for
students/concession, but also...

 * Quartermaster: someone to bring a daypack, 6 or 10 drinks and ice,
   on their way into a second-Tuesday event

 * PLUG infrastructure: (thanks, Sam)
   https://github.com/plugorgau/plug-services
   https://github.com/plugorgau/plugorgau.github.io
   patches, testing welcome

 * Collaborate on IRC? or maybe it's time for https://matrix.org/blog/ ?
   https://arewereadyyet.com/

 * AV streaming: Gotta make the call sometime: keep our current gear
   limping, or invest time and fundraising effort into setting up a new
   workflow: https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/

 * Setting ourselves up for an installfest?
   https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/install-fest-devil

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 12:17:24PM +0800, Sam Wilson wrote:
> Just to note that you don't have to have a Google account or be logged in,
> you can still subscribe to the calendar. :-)
>
> I send a PR about it:
> https://github.com/plugorgau/plugorgau.github.io/pull/13
> dunno if that's of use.

It was, thank you!

Nick.
PLUG VP 2019

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal