[plug] Working from home - VPN routers

Damon Perry talk at damonperry.id.au
Tue Apr 14 10:48:48 AWST 2020

I'm a bit late on this but I thought I'd give my two cents.

SoftEther has saved my bacon quite a few times when I've been asked to setup a VPN quickly.
Auto traverses NAT, can act as an SSL VPN over 443, is a connector for other VPN services and comes with a ddns style proxy so no forwarding ports.
You can install the server on whatever then attach your control panel gui to the server.
It's easy and there is definitely a dirty feeling from it all just automagically working but it has worked well whenever I've had to take down my main OpenVPN network or some smartass hotel blocks everything except 443.

https://www.softether.org/

--
  Damon Perry
  talk at damonperry.id.au