[plug] VPN over 320U dongle

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Sun Apr 19 23:16:02 AWST 2020

On Tue, 2020-04-14 at 13:39 +0800, Steve Baker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is another VPN question. I am using OpenVPN on my laptop to
> connect
> to a couple of different target networks. When I am connected to
> ethernet or wireless, I have no issues. If I connect the laptop to
> the
> Telstra 4G Mobilenet WWAN using a Sierra Wireless 320U dongle, the
> OpenVPN says that it connects fine, but it refuses to carry any
> traffic.

Conflict in the OpenVPN server client address range perhaps ...?

I remember that an old "3" phone network used 10. range within the
phone network. Might be worth checking what address gets assigned
against VPN assigned addresses on working connections against what
gets assigned on the WWAN connection.

It might not even be obvious if the network uses a broad netmask.