[plug] Odroid H2 Mini PC

Andrew Van Dam Andrew at moamindustries.com
Thu Jan 2 15:58:11 AWST 2020

I bit the bullet and bought an Odroid H2
<https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-h2/> SBPC the other day and thought
I'd share my experience. I rolled the dice and bought it directly from
HardKernel in Korea, not the best experience. They send no confirmation or
follow up email once an order is placed. Although there was a tracking
email sent a day later which was a positive sign. It arrived via FedEx less
than a week later so not bad overall.

With case, PSU and 16GB of DDR the total was ~$350 AU which per GB of ram
is better than a PI or an Intel NUC. The processor is also a 4 core device
and the hardware has plenty of peripherals. 2 SATA ports, an NVME-PCIE
port, dual gigabit, USB 3, I20 pin IO expander (mostly serial or I2C),
display port and HDMI. So it is a highly capable device. Ubuntu Bionic
flashed straight onto the SSD drive I had lying around with zero challenges
even for a n00b like me.

Ultimately I'll be using it as a test bed for developing and exploring ROS2
application so IO connectivity. Ultimately I wanted something with a bit
more grunt than a standard PI and I think this will deliver.

--
Regards
Andrew Van Dam