[plug] Jinja/LaTeX child templates (this time on github instead of attachment)

Kirk Turner gameldar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 11:02:58 AWST 2020

Hi Chris,

I'll preface this by a "I'm not a jinja2 expert" (I've mostly used it for
ansible templates) - but having a second pair of eyes on it helps!

The problem is two fold:
1. In your Environment creation you've changed the markers for the start
(and end blocks) from {% to \BLOCK{ - but then proceeded to use the old
markers in some places - so in your child template you'll need to have:

\BLOCK{ extends "jinja-test.template" }

\BLOCK{ block content }
 My string: \VAR{my_string}

 Value from the list: \VAR{my_list[3]}

 Loop through the list:
\begin{itemize}
\item
\BLOCK{ for n in my_list }
\VAR{n}
\BLOCK{ endfor }

\end{itemize}

\BLOCK{ endblock }

Note the for loop also seems to be missing the endfor so I've also adjusted
that.

Likewise there are still some usages of the {% block declarations in the
jinja-test.templates file too.

2. I'm guessing you'd figure this out given the commented out lines in the
test case - but you need to load and render the 'child' template (so the
test2.template) - it then loads the base or parent template and replaces
the appropriate parts in there.

Thanks,

Kirk