[plug] Second Sunday: Perth Open Source Hackers (POSH) afternoon

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jul 12 09:53:01 AWST 2020

Hello, all!

If you're free today, come along today for PLUG first July event -
there's more coming!

We'll be online here: https://meetings.ucc.asn.au/b/nic-4cd-3jg

...and in person at the Artifactory, Osborne Park, see below.

Lots to do, bring your own ideas of lend PLUG a hand:

* Software: eventcheckr:
  * Download a .ics calendar and record updates&changes
  * Send an event reminder
  * Compare it to other event feeds and see what's out-of-sync

* Hardware/Network: How many times have we spent all our event setup
  time just trying to get basic connectivity up? Help us build a
  router/netbox that can take a wired or wireless uplink, and share it
  our to a wired or wireless local network. Extra bonuses:
  * monitoring/testing the links
  * primary/backup link
  * good/bad/broken traffic blinkenlichten
  * VPN to some else with better connectivity

* Admin/Organisational: Quartermaster: Come to one of our regular Second
  Tuesdays with a cooler bag of drinks and some ice and save someone else
  the trip: PLUG will pay upfront or reimburse as convenient.

Nick.

PLUG+Perth Open Source Hack afternoon
When: Sun, 12 July, 12:00 – 16:00
Where: https://meetings.ucc.asn.au/b/nic-4cd-3jg
https://www.meetup.com/Perth-Linux-Users-Group-PLUG/events/gxlmtrybckbqb/

"IMPORTANT - Regarding Covid.19
- Please sign in/out when visiting the Artifactory to assist health
Authorities with contact tracing if needed.
- All persons visiting the Artifactory must adhere to the WA Governments
Social Distancing guidelines, gathering restrictions and hygiene
guidelines.

https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-the-premier-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-current-gathering-restrictions

The monthly PLUG + POSH Hack Afternoon is a language/platform agnostic
hack session. Bring your favourite or interesting project and a love of
code, or any other tech project that you're interested in. We'll be
hosting it in person @ the Artifactory, as well as online. You can also
access it at this URL on the day:
https://meetings.ucc.asn.au/b/nic-4cd-3jg

There is a $10 fee for Artifactory non-members. Check their website for
how to pay, or you can just give it to the organiser on the day. This
gives you access to the whole of Artifactory, tools etc, not just for
the meetup.