[plug] Debian "how to help" guidelines

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Sun Mar 8 17:21:24 AWST 2020

Hi all,

TL;DR: Good link. IWFM.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, 24 February 2020 5:05 PM, hatari <hatari at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 16:00:42 +0800
> Benjamin zorlin at gmail.com wrote:
> > http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47077

It's a whole lot of yes when I read that link. Well, I gloss over it all holier-than-thou and feel like I don't need to be told, then notice that and go back and read it anyway. Thanks for posting it Ben.

> P.S.
> In case you missed it. My response is: that formula does NOT work. It is nonesense.

I'm not sure I could disagree more. Of course, it depends on many things, including your definition of "work". Also the kind of workplace you are in, strive to be in, and strive to create.

Of *course* there are people in your not-so-good categories, but they don't have to define you or your workplace. I have thin skin and tread carefully around such people, but I still try to work with them.

It works for me because I get to go home each week knowing that I have respected users, colleagues etc and if it has gone badly or well, I know it's not because I've been rude or disrespectful.

Peace,
Greg.