[plug] Syntax in GemFile for using mariadb with Ruby on rails - Ubuntu 18.04.4

Chris Caston chris at caston.id.au
Tue Mar 31 12:18:37 AWST 2020

Hello,

The VM I am using is running (Ubuntu 18.04.4)

I am attempting to install Metplus (
https://github.com/AgileVentures/MetPlus_PETS) which uses Ruby v2.3.3 and
Rail v4.2.3.

The install guide (https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/ubuntu-ruby-on-rails/) I
was using was for Postgresql but I already have mariadb on this machine and
would prefer the simplicity using the same database for both.
I have (apt-get) installed ruby-mysql2 v0.4.10-0ubuntu5 although I'm happy
to change this if I need a newer version.

I was also using yet another guide (
https://www.botreetechnologies.com/blog/how-to-install-mariadb-on-ubuntu-14-04-lts-and-connect-ruby-on-rails
) but it is for an old version of Ubuntu and it wasn't clear on the exact
entry I needed to make.

I need to add a line to my Gems file now and run "bundle install" to
continue to the next step.

I'm unsure exactly what this needs to be.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Please let me know if you need more
information.

best regards,

Christopher Caston