[plug] Buy Linux laptop

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Tue Oct 20 22:31:17 AWST 2020

Great, thank you. I'd read about Purism and the Librem 14 looks like it might suit, but I wasn't clear whether they're actually available. Now I'm clicking through, I see Star Labs are clear about what pre-order means, and Purism say expected December 2020.

System76 are an obvious option, but their two lightest smallest units are unavailable.

LVFS is a good link too, never heard of that! I feel so out of touch.

Greg.

On 20/10/20 4:56 pm, Damon Perry wrote:

>> particularly including lid open and close, suspend and resume
> I know of two manufacturers that specifically support said feature:
>
> Purism
> https://puri.sm/products/
>
> Star Labs
> https://starlabs.systems/pages/laptops
>
> Just my two cents but I think any company who bothers enough to put their devices on the LVFS will generally work well.
> https://fwupd.org/lvfs/devices/
>
> --
>    Damon Perry
>    talk at damonperry.id.au