[plug] What to do with service accounts, payment methods and passwords after your death?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Apr 28 13:36:17 AWST 2021

Over the past few years I've been attempting to resolve a problem that is
only getting larger. I have countless online accounts, some of which are
paid for and linked to credit cards and bank accounts.

These accounts are not just "end user" accounts, but things like a domain
account, the hosting for a fleet of websites, online photo storage,
backups, client data and resources, email, calendaring, media, streaming,
etc.

What systems have you put in place to ensure continuity?

Note that this goes well beyond password sharing, a whole topic in and of
itself, this is about how stuff is linked together, what belongs to which
account, how is it paid for, etc. etc.

I note that even if I were to document this accurately, it would be out of
date almost immediately. I created three new accounts for services in the
past three hours alone.

Feedback and discussion welcome.
--
Onno Benschop

()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

If you need to know: "What computer should I buy?" http://goo.gl/spsb66

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -
onno at itmaze.com.au