[plug] EmacsConf APAC version

Yuchen Pei hi at ypei.me
Mon Aug 9 20:58:39 AWST 2021

Hello everyone,

EmacsConf is the conference about the joy of Emacs, Emacs Lisp,
and memorising key bindings.

The 2021 Edition will take place 27th-28th November online, and
the CFP is open until 30th September
(<https://emacsconf.org/2021/cfp/>).

If you have never heard of Emacs, it is an extensible
self-documenting Lisp environment disguised as a text editor.  You
can use it as vi (<https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Evil>), to take
notes and plan your days (<https://orgmode.org/>), send emails
(like this one), browse the web
(<https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/eww>), as a window manager
(<https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/EXWM>), or even unleash the
power of butterflies (<https://xkcd.com/378/>).

EmacsConf is a conference for people of all levels and
backgrounds.  In my view the 2020 Edition was one of the best
organised online conferences.  You can find more about the
conference by checking out artefacts from the 2019
(<https://emacsconf.org/2019/schedule/>) and 2020
(<https://emacsconf.org/2020/schedule/>) editions.

As is often the case, the timing of the 2021 conference is
unfavourable to us poor Antipodeans (9am-5pm American Eastern
Standard time on either day, which translates to 1am-9am
Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time), and to a lesser extent
the rest of the APAC region.  But worry not, as the timing also
provides a perfect opportunity for us to take over once they are
done, at least on Sunday 28th November. The EmacsConf organisers
are indeed considering an "off-hour" session taking place during
Australian day time on 28th November, and I am working with them
on this.

To that end, I would like to understand the level of interest.
Are you interested in giving a talk at EmacsConf?  Would you like
the Saturday talks restreamed during day time on Sunday?  If
there's restreaming, would you like the possibility of speakers
being present for live Q&As?  Please let me know (hi at ypei.me). If
you would like to give a talk, feel free to also submit your
propsal directly (<https://emacsconf.org/2021/submit/>).

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0