[plug] Archiving / copying photos

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Thu Jun 10 15:48:11 AWST 2021

G'day all,

I'm currently grappling with the death of a family member. Given everyone has one or more devices these days that take pics/vids I'm looking for a method to pick and copy the relevant images.

My ideal would be something like EoG or Viewnoir with the ability to set a destination path and a hot key that just "copies that one". That way I could scroll through a directory and just belt a key to copy the pic that's on the screen "right now".

The best way I've found thus far is to copy the entire directory then scroll through and delete the ones I don't want, which is looking at it arse about and takes a *long* time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for software (OS agnostic, I'll install or get anything) as I've probably got the best part of 50k images to root through.

Regards,
Brad
--
An expert is a person who has found out by his own painful
experience all the mistakes that one can make in a very