[plug] Archiving / copying photos

Dean Bergin dean.bergin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 06:35:12 AWST 2021

I wonder if OpenCV template matching could help in this situation?

https://docs.opencv.org/master/d4/dc6/tutorial_py_template_matching.html

Probably something I will play around with in case I'm faced with a similar
problem, but as someone pointed out Google Photos (GP) is pretty good at
this so the OpenCV approach seems like reinventing the wheel.

In any case, gaining access to someone's device makes the matter less
trivial however, you might need to suggest that person synchronise their
camera roll to a service like GP so your job is less of a chore as they can
do all the analytics for you.

There's probably APIs for GP to leverage the image processing and suck down
those that match a given complex criteria...