[plug] NFSv4 issues

Dean Bergin dean.bergin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 18:43:13 AWST 2022

If you've been able to replicate the issue with bare metal clients, the the
issue likely rests at the server side. The spurious TCP events in the logs
might suggest you have a network problem.

My first guess is that you may have fragmentation causing packet loss and
latency affecting NFS (not sure if that's a correct diagnosis as NFS is TCP
which should be able to handle a far amount of retransmissions, but I could
be wrong).

Also, in my line of work I often see issues with MTU causing all kinds of
problems. Check that too and let us know.

A packet capture might help get the evidence to suggest what's going on by
following the conversation from a network perspective at least.

HTH