[plug] pushd and popd

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Fri Jan 21 11:40:52 AWST 2022

On 20/1/22 13:06, Juneidy wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I first heard about `pushd` and `popd` from Alistair long time ago and
> never really seriously thought about how to use it from my day to day
> work. The closest I have used daily is `cd -`.
>
> Then a conversation in office lead to someone talking about `pushd` and
> `popd` again.
>
> I wonder if anyone here used `pushd` and `popd` frequently? What sort of
> navigation would you use that for?

I use them all the time in scripts. On the command line I just use
$OLDPWD and bash history, though now you've brought it up I might
explore it a bit. Old habits die hard though.

Regards,
Brad
--
An expert is a person who has found out by his own painful
experience all the mistakes that one can make in a very