[plug] xfs errors?

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Tue Jul 19 21:12:25 AWST 2022

On 19/7/22 20:55, Brad Campbell wrote:

> I might treat this as a trigger to go and have another look at moosefs.

This might be what put me off last time :

---quote---
The most important factor in sizing requirements for the Master Server machine is RAM, as
the full file system structure is cached in RAM for speed. The Master Server should have
approximately 300-350 MiB of RAM allocated to handle 1 million objects (files, directories,
pipes, sockets, ...).
Example:
• Leader Master RAM usage: 20 GiB (21 017 505 792 Bytes exactly)
• ”All FS objects” (from MFS CGI): 67 552 270
• 21 017 505 792 / 67 552 270 = ∼311.13 Bytes per one object
---quote---

311.13 bytes per object. That's a lot of ram for 14.6 thousand million objects.
It might not "quite" scale far enough for me because I don't think I can afford ~4PB of RAM.

Regards,
Brad