[plug] Sobering read on the reality of open source software development

Chris Hoy Poy chris at hoypoy.id.au
Mon Mar 21 11:07:57 AWST 2022

I find it interesting there is no mention of my employer, The Linux
Foundation.

We steward and support many open source projects & foundations, including
CNCF (home of kubernetes), OpenJS and of course the Linux kernel itself.

https://linuxfoundation.org/projects/

At least some of this issue is around establishing and connecting sponsors
to projects, which is a lot of our community work too.

We have our own open source research team as well, and release annual
reports on open source jobs etc - 2021 report is here:

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/tools/the-2021-open-source-jobs-report/

Cheers
/Chris