[plug] TPG group no longer providing email

Warren Argus warren at warbel.net
Fri Aug 4 16:00:04 AWST 2023

Hi Chris,

Mailinabox (https://mailinabox.email/) comes with nextcloud integrated
to provide similar functions to o365/GWS. I don't use the MIAB
nextcloud but prefer to self-host my nextcloud on-prem (for reasons I
wont go into here). Suffice to say MIAB is designed as a turnkey
solution and isnt meant for customisation. It takes about 20min to
setup on an Ubuntu 22 VM. It will probably take you more time to get
your DNS registrar sorted out as MAIB needs to be your public
authoritative DNS server (it has a nice API and admin web interface, so
don't worry)

MIAB is pretty straight forward to setup and it will email you when you
need to update it or when there is a new version available.  That said
I'm a syseng for a living, so patching and maintenance are managed with
ansible and some cron jobs for specific things and the MAIB box just
goes into the patch cycle with the rest of my infra.

I was aware of their Sydney DC;  but we are closer to
Singapore... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kind regards,

Warren