[plug] block lists for phones

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Jul 6 20:46:41 AWST 2023

I'm pretty sure that those numbers are completely meaningless. I see them
arriving on my mobile phone.

As a result my phone is on silent and I no longer answer my phone unless
it's a number in my address book and I happen to be looking at it.

If it's a real call, people leave a message, if not, I add them to my block
list. It's partially effective because they often use the same numbers more
than once on the same day, often within a minute.

If you cannot get your VoIP provider to block the incoming call based on
that IP block list, your real only option is to route all calls through a
filter process. Check if it's in the address book and let it through, if
not, divert to voicemail and see if they leave a message.

Mind you, for a while I was getting voicemail in Chinese, so it's not
foolproof, but it's better than the phone ringing at all hours with a
scammer attempting to extract money.
--
finger painting on glass is an inexact art - apologies for any errors in
this scra^Hibble

()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..