[plug] Debian 10-11 upgrade issues

Dean Bergin dean.bergin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 10:03:54 AWST 2023

Hello Plug,

I'm wondering if anyone can offer some sage advice around an issue I have
post-upgrade of a homelab server I maintain.

I'm stuck in emergency mode and it looks as though my LVM (device-mapper)
mounts aren't available.

Before upgrading, I did have crypto-mount (or something) enabled, which
produced errors but did not prevent boot as I never encrypted the
underlying raid block device md0 (it was always planned but never
implemented, so it was skipped when building the server and I never
disabled the crypto boot service).

I've rebooted the server after the upgrade, but now I can't see any LVM PE
or VG's and therefore unable to mount and bring the server back up.

I'm seeking some advice to try to quickly fix this before I consider
rebuilding. I do have a copy of /etc before upgrading FWIW.

Kind Regards,

*Dean Bergin*.