[plug] Tapes

William KENWORTHY billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 8 16:38:39 AWST 2023

Let tar handle the encryption/compression and use mt to control the drive. That's how we did it in the good old days.  Hopefully the tapes are better these days .. I thought LTO had gone the way of the dinosaurs ... and good riddance!

e.g.,
https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-tape-backup-with-mt-and-tar-command-howto/

BillK