[plug] PLUG Matrix chat room

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Thu Apr 4 20:45:09 AWST 2024

A bit over a month ago, we set up a public Matrix chat room for PLUG
members. Matrix is an open source chat system that you might compare
to Discord, Slack, Mattermost, etc.

This started out as an experiment to see if it would be a useful
alternative to the IRC channel that we haven't done a good job of
monitoring.

So far, it seems to be working pretty well, so I thought I'd publicise
it further. If you've already got a Matrix account, the following link
should let you join the channel:

https://matrix.to/#/#plug:matrix.org

If you don't have a Matrix account, this page explains how to set things up:

https://matrix.org/try-matrix/

Our very own Michael Collins gave a PLUG talk about the system back in 2020 too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTutFZzFizw

James.