<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title></title></head><body><div>Hi Bruce</div><div><br></div><div>I have purchased a few second hand good quality Lenovo office PCs  on eBay and have been very happy with my purchases.</div><div>They run Linux Mint very well and have not had any problems with them.</div><div><br></div><div>Lenovo Thinkcentre M700, I5-6400t 2.20GHz,8GB , 1TB SSD</div><div>paid $219.99 in  Jan 2024 inc postage</div><div><br></div><div>Lenovo ThinkStation P310 SFF Intel i7 6700 3.40GHz 16GB 512GB SSD Quadro K620 video card</div><div>paid $238 in Nov 2024 inc postage</div><div>The Quadro K620 video card is supported by the proprietary Linux Nvidia driver</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Sadly second hand PCs  have gone up in price and the SSDs are smaller but they are still good value compared to buying a new PC and still within your budget.</div><div>The Thinkcentre looked like new and still had all the anti-scratch stickers on it.  </div><div><br></div><div>Also purchased this...</div><div>HP T620 Thin Client Quad Core GX-415GA 1.5GHz | 8GB RAM | 32GB SSD</div><div>paid  $43.00 in Nov 2024 inc postage</div><div>makes a nice little server and runs well with Dietpi <a href="https://dietpi.com/">https://dietpi.com/</a><br></div><div> </div><div>Cheers Ivan</div><div><br></div><div>On Mon, 14 Sep 2026, at 9:26 AM, Bruce Axtens via plug wrote:</div><blockquote type="cite" id="qt" style=""><div dir="ltr"><div>Hello Pluglings (for want of a better term)</div><div><br></div><div>I'm still lurking here in the shadows. Have been for years, my son Daniel having been the impetus. He's now Principal Engineer for Fastly: <a href="https://www.fastly.com/blog/author/daniel-axtens">https://www.fastly.com/blog/author/daniel-axtens</a></div><div><br></div><div>But I didn't come here to do that. My question is more mundane: after years of having various second-hand laptops as my home setup for Linux I'm now seriously considering laying out real money for a miniPC. Does the group have any suggestions re manufacturer and vendor? I'm thinking something in the $300-$450 range.</div><div><br></div><div>Kind regards,</div><div>Bruce Axtens</div></div><div>_______________________________________________</div><div>PLUG discussion list: <a href="mailto:plug@plug.org.au">plug@plug.org.au</a></div><div><a href="https://lists.plug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/plug">https://lists.plug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/plug</a></div><div>Committee e-mail: <a href="mailto:committee@plug.org.au">committee@plug.org.au</a></div><div>PLUG Membership: <a href="http://www.plug.org.au/membership">http://www.plug.org.au/membership</a></div><div><br></div></blockquote><div><br></div></body></html>