<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</head>
<body>
<div dir="auto">I've had decent luck with my Chinese 'Chatray' previously, very good value: <a href="https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-chatreey-official-store.html" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-chatreey-official-store.html</a><br><br>The first one was fried after 12 months of running it as a Proxmox server, but thankfully Chatreey were okay sending me a replacement free of charge.</div><div><br></div><div><div>Michael Collins<br></div><div><div>--<br></div><div>GPG Fingerprint: 3B3A 5D11 EAA7 6AB0 7F96 8EF0 E1AC B1EA 7898 A938<br></div></div><div><br></div></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">14 Sept 2026, 17:44 by plug@plug.org.au:<br></div><blockquote class="tutanota_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid #93A3B8; padding-left: 10px; margin-left: 5px;"><div>Hi Bruce<br></div><div><br></div><div>I have purchased a few second hand good quality Lenovo office PCs on eBay and have been very happy with my purchases.<br></div><div>They run Linux Mint very well and have not had any problems with them.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Lenovo Thinkcentre M700, I5-6400t 2.20GHz,8GB , 1TB SSD<br></div><div>paid $219.99 in Jan 2024 inc postage<br></div><div><br></div><div>Lenovo ThinkStation P310 SFF Intel i7 6700 3.40GHz 16GB 512GB SSD Quadro K620 video card<br></div><div>paid $238 in Nov 2024 inc postage<br></div><div>The Quadro K620 video card is supported by the proprietary Linux Nvidia driver<br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Sadly second hand PCs have gone up in price and the SSDs are smaller but they are still good value compared to buying a new PC and still within your budget.<br></div><div>The Thinkcentre looked like new and still had all the anti-scratch stickers on it. <br></div><div><br></div><div>Also purchased this...<br></div><div>HP T620 Thin Client Quad Core GX-415GA 1.5GHz | 8GB RAM | 32GB SSD<br></div><div>paid $43.00 in Nov 2024 inc postage<br></div><div>makes a nice little server and runs well with Dietpi <a href="https://dietpi.com/" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">https://dietpi.com/</a><br></div><div> <br></div><div>Cheers Ivan<br></div><div><br></div><div>On Mon, 14 Sep 2026, at 9:26 AM, Bruce Axtens via plug wrote:<br></div><blockquote type="cite" id="qt" style=""><div dir="ltr"><div>Hello Pluglings (for want of a better term)<br></div><div><br></div><div>I'm still lurking here in the shadows. Have been for years, my son Daniel having been the impetus. He's now Principal Engineer for Fastly: <a href="https://www.fastly.com/blog/author/daniel-axtens" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.fastly.com/blog/author/daniel-axtens</a><br></div><div><br></div><div>But I didn't come here to do that. My question is more mundane: after years of having various second-hand laptops as my home setup for Linux I'm now seriously considering laying out real money for a miniPC. Does the group have any suggestions re manufacturer and vendor? I'm thinking something in the $300-$450 range.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Kind regards,<br></div><div>Bruce Axtens<br></div></div><div>_______________________________________________<br></div><div>PLUG discussion list: <a href="mailto:plug@plug.org.au" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">plug@plug.org.au</a><br></div><div><a href="https://lists.plug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/plug" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.plug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/plug</a><br></div><div>Committee e-mail: <a href="mailto:committee@plug.org.au" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">committee@plug.org.au</a><br></div><div>PLUG Membership: <a href="http://www.plug.org.au/membership" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.plug.org.au/membership</a><br></div><div><br></div></blockquote><div><br></div></blockquote><div dir="auto"><br></div> </body>
</html>