<div dir="auto"><a href="https://aoostar.com/en-au/products/aoostar-maco-6850h-1">https://aoostar.com/en-au/products/aoostar-maco-6850h-1</a><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">On special atm. Use code NEWORDER for an additional saving</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, 15 Sept 2026, 12:59 pm James Henstridge via plug, <<a href="mailto:plug@plug.org.au">plug@plug.org.au</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On Tue, 15 Sept 2026 at 10:32, Bruce Axtens via plug <<a href="mailto:plug@plug.org.au" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">plug@plug.org.au</a>> wrote:<br>
><br>
> I will have to pay attention to the fine details. I have a screen like this: <a href="https://www.samsung.com/au/monitors/gaming/odyssey-g9-g95c-49-inch-240hz-curved-dual-qhd-ls49cg954eexxy/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.samsung.com/au/monitors/gaming/odyssey-g9-g95c-49-inch-240hz-curved-dual-qhd-ls49cg954eexxy/</a> both at work and at home (covid-era WFH setup). As for a unit lacking wifi, I do have powerline ethernet adaptors in a cupboard somewhere.<br>
<br>
That is a massive screen, and I suspect you'd have trouble finding a<br>
system that is both cheap and can drive it at it's native resolution.<br>
For example, the spec sheet for the HP system I mentioned says it's<br>
integrated GPU tops out at 4096x2304. While 5120x1440 is fewer pixels,<br>
I would worry that 4096 is a hard limit on the display width it can<br>
handle as it is a power of two.<br>
<br>
It looks like the display can also run in a "virtual dual monitor"<br>
setup though, where it can pretend to be two 2560x1440 screens driven<br>
from different inputs. You could use this to display from two<br>
different computers, or from a single PC in dual monitor config. This<br>
would likely work with the cheap HP system, but I imagine you'd get<br>
noticeable tearing if you tried to position a window in the centre of<br>
the screen across the seam between the virtual monitors. If you keep<br>
windows on the left or right halves, things would probably be fine.<br>
<br>
James.<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
PLUG discussion list: <a href="mailto:plug@plug.org.au" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">plug@plug.org.au</a><br>
<a href="https://lists.plug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/plug" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.plug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/plug</a><br>
Committee e-mail: <a href="mailto:committee@plug.org.au" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">committee@plug.org.au</a><br>
PLUG Membership: <a href="http://www.plug.org.au/membership" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.plug.org.au/membership</a><br>
</blockquote></div>