<div dir="auto"><div dir="auto">I know this is opening a can of worms, but looking for recommendations for a replacement phone. Why? Read on:</div><div dir="auto"><br></div>I choose NOT to use an android or iPhone smart phone and have had a variety of 'feature' phones over the years because all I want to use it for is text and calls, with occasional hotspot and definitely Bluetooth. My current one is the Nokia 800 Tough. Gee, that's radical, I know, and being a high school teacher it always gives the teenagers a good laugh!<div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Now, today I got a text and email from my carrier that had all the hallmarks of a scam because it screamed "your phone is going to be blocked!" But, it was legit. Because both major carriers have really dropped the ball on emergency calls, from Oct they're now going to be completely blocking any phone deemed not capable of meeting the new emergency connection regs released in 2024</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">You people all probably know that, but thought I'd spell it out for the archives and clarity :-)</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Something like the Fairphone would be great, I guess, but last time I looked it wasn't affordable for me. The Nokia runs the independent (?) kaiOS, so I'm looking for something non-android and non-ios. Any handset chosen has to voLTE compatible, which my handset says it is, but it's been deemed 'unfit' anyway :-(</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Ideas?</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Thanks.</div><div dir="auto">Gavin.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div></div>