[PLUG-AV] Final check for Amazon order

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Feb 15 12:15:39 WST 2011

On 15/02/2011 12:11 PM, Tim Bowden wrote:
> On 15 February 2011 12:04, James Bromberger <james at rcpt.to> wrote:
>> Add in 1 of 4 port USB hob at $0.60
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FFT8Z6/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3E5K6GEFSI075
>>
>> And 3 of Gaming headsets at $24.84
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E45XT4/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
>>
>> I have confirmed the delivery in the US to a friend who will send it on
>> to us, so am about to purchase.... in the next hour unless someone adds
>> something else in? (Someone please say "go for it"!)
>>
>>  James
>>

> Um, Go for it!?  Sorry, I don't have the expertise (yet?) to say otherwise!
I appreciate just having another voice in the darkness here! ;)

> My only question is it better to go for pci or pcie cards as most new
> systems seem to have a limited number of pci slots.  Not sure what
> else would be needed in them though.

Good point. We have a bunch of old machines that were part of Computer
Angles that we can scavenge through - they are about 5 years old. I'll
add in one PCI-E card too then, at $14, for anything fairly new:

http://www.amazon.com/Ports-1394A-Firewire-PCI-Express-Cable/dp/B0030D0S4M/ref=lh_ni_t_

Our total in the cart is $750.05, plus the shipping bits. PLUG is
covering the Twinpact (460) and the mic (147), and we'll work out the rest.

Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to