[PLUG-AV] Amazon purchase update

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Feb 17 15:51:20 WST 2011

Hi all,

All the kit we ordered is now in transit to my friend in SF; I imagine
he'll have it all by Monday, and then another week until its with us.

It's time to start organising the rest of the kit. I have a DV camera
with a firewire output on it (JVC DVX4). Do we have another video camera
with firewire we can use to get started with as a two camera set up?

Next up, some encoding PCs (for DV to ethernet). We need one per camera,
and one for the Twinpact. I know Patrick Coleman has a few old PCs from
computer angles (5+ years old); so coupled with the DV card we have in
the Amazon order, that could be one. I haven't seen these systems yet;
Patrick has indicated he need to get them out of his Mum's place, so we
need to scavenge shortly. Anyone care to join me to dig through
computers and find something usable? Anyone got any newer systems they
can donate?

We do need to track down some tripods. Anyone (of the 7 of us on this
list) got any leads? Any retailers to recommend or avoid? Any ideas of
the good versus the bad. "Fluid" versus "fluid drag". 3 segment versus
4. Wheel/castor attaching dolly?

Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to