[PLUG-AV] Amazon purchase update

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:53:05 WST 2011

On 17 February 2011 15:51, James Bromberger <james at rcpt.to> wrote:
> Hi all,

> Next up, some encoding PCs (for DV to ethernet). We need one per camera,
> and one for the Twinpact. I know Patrick Coleman has a few old PCs from
> computer angles (5+ years old); so coupled with the DV card we have in
> the Amazon order, that could be one. I haven't seen these systems yet;
> Patrick has indicated he need to get them out of his Mum's place, so we
> need to scavenge shortly. Anyone care to join me to dig through
> computers and find something usable? Anyone got any newer systems they
> can donate?

I have a few old systems lying around (probably covered in plenty of
dust by now- ugh!), but they'd all be older than that.  Still, maybe
some salvageable cases, power supplies or ide hdd's.  I'd love to swap
bits for a working AMD Athlon socket A type motherboard if one turns
up!

Depending on when you do the 'scavenge' I can possibly help.  Not on a
Tuesday night though; bad night for me, which is why I hardly ever get
to plug meetings.  :(

Regards,
Tim