[PLUG-AV] Amazon order has arrived! Let's meet up.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Mar 10 09:18:14 WST 2011

Hi All,

The three boxes of kit turned up today from our Amazon order. I'll open
the items later today and mark the items as owned by PLUG. Next comes a
little more cobbled together kit. We need:

* Three PCs preferably with firewire cards for video to DV. I have two
firewire cards here (one PCI, and one PCI-e) so only one really needs a
firewire. Does anyone have anything they can donate? I think we need a
Pentium II or greater, and I'd suggest 1 GB RAM.
* One beefier PC or laptop to run DVSwitch and mumble server (murmur).
* Two firewire video cameras. I have one I can lend, and I think Nick
has one, so we're pretty much sorted here (unless someone has one they
no longer want and can donate permanently).
* I have a small 100 Mbit ethernet *hub* (!), but a small Gig *switch*
may be useful. I have cat 5 that I can make up into some long runs; I
htink Nick has some already long runs made up.

So next up comes a workshop day when we try and plug stuff together and
work out how it works. I suggest a Saturday afternoon at Artifactory, if
the guys will let us use a corner of their space and a bit of power and
data. How does *Saturday 19th March *from around *1pm *suit people? I'll
ask Daniel and see if anyone will be at Artifactory; if not we can try
for UCC at UWA.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to